At Abundance Canada, respecting the privacy of personal information is an important part of our commitment to clients and volunteers. That is why we have developed this Commitment to Privacy Statement and the Abundance Canada Privacy Code (a summary of which is available here) or from our Privacy Coordinator (Operations Manager).
When you support the work of Abundance Canada financially, or consult with, request, or purchase any services of or from Abundance Canada, or if you volunteer with Abundance Canada, we only collect, use, retain, and disclose personal information that you provide, or have provided to us for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain responsible ongoing relations with you
- to assist you in achieving your charitable objectives through Abundance Canada or through third party service providers
- to understand, develop, and enhance your needs, concerns, or opinions
- to protect you and Abundance Canada from error and fraud
- to recommend particular products and services to meet your needs
- to manage and develop Abundance Canada’s business and operations, including personnel and employment matters
- to meet legal, regulatory, and governance requirements
- to advance Abundance Canada’s mission and vision and to provide you with information about developments in the wider charitable sector
- to otherwise carry out normal operations.
When another organization performs a service for us or for you, our normal operations would include our disclosure to that other organization of the portion of your personal information it requires in order to perform that service.
Should we wish to use your information for purposes other than those we have identified, we will explain the purpose and ask for your consent before doing so (unless we are legally required or permitted to use or disclose the information).
If you ask us to delete any of your personal information from our records, we will do so unless we have a legitimate reason to retain some or all of your personal information for an additional period of time that is reasonable under the circumstances.