GIFT AND ESTATE PLANNING
Planning your estate is primarily about having a will. But it is also so much more. A well thought out estate plan guarantees that your family is cared for should something happen to you and ensures that your money goes where you want it to. It's an important part of managing your wealth.
Whether your estate is large or small, our Gift Planning Consultants are equipped with the information to assist you and your family with how a gift of an asset to charity may benefit your estate and leave a wonderful legacy to a worthy cause.
Gift in a Will Example
- Family of four children (children are the sole beneficiaries)
- Estate worth $500,000 with $100,000 in taxable income
|Plan WITHOUT Gift to Charity||Plan WITH Gift to Charity|
|Gift to Charity: $0||Gift to Charity: $100,000|
|Income Tax Payable: $50,000||Income Tax Payable: $0|
|Gift to each child: $112,500||Gift to each child: $100,000|
Benefits of a Charitable Gift Through Your Estate
- Through Abundance Canada your estate gift can be managed even after your estate has been finalized.
- You may recommend the charities you want to support and make changes during your lifetime.
- Your estate will receive a donation receipt for the amount of your gift, thus reducing or eliminating final taxes.
- You can make the distribution without restrictions or Abundance Canada will communicate your restrictions to the recipient charities.
- Your distributions to charity may be made anonymously.
We are often used as a quarterback in helping achieve charitable and estate goals. Talk with your family about your wishes, then speak to your lawyer about drafting or revisiting your Will.
If you have any questions, please contact Abundance Canada at 1.800.772.3257 or connect with us.
Free Resources to Download
Abundance Canada is a public foundation registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Abundance Canada is authorized to receive charitable donations, issue official donation receipts and distribute funds to registered charities in Canada through a donor-advised model we administer.
Charity Registration No: 12925-3308-RR0001.